At Coral Crater, we are committed to limiting our waste and greenhouse gas emissions, while conserving water whenever we can.
In Hawaii, this is called MALAMA I KA AINA.
- Building Methods. Our events and elements are built using environmentally sensitive methods to mitigate harm to the forest and trees.
- Pueo Protection. We work with the state to prevent damage to the habitat of the pueo (Asio flammeus sandwichensis), a subspecies of the short-eared owl.
- Adaptive Reuse. Coral Crater was a quarry that has been repurposed as an adventure park. Our buildings are made from reused shipping containers.
- Native Plants. As the quarry was dug, the native plants were removed and invasive species began growing. We have planted native plants.
- Bio Friendly Soap. Our restrooms utilize bio friendly soaps and cleaning supplies.
- Solar Power. Coral Crater is operated with solar power.
- LED lighting. It is seabird friendly as well.
- Other Efforts. We utilize biodegradable trash bags and have recycling bins on property.